Campaign Catalyst

inspiration
question

What if COVID-19 were actually the first step in an evil plot? Who’s behind it? What’s their goal? Who’s gonna stop them?!

Sounds like the job for a group of ex-covert operatives who have turned to doing good, but are on the run for a crime they didn’t commit

Let’s hope there are some points in CON.

With sales of Disney+ subscriptions far below expectations, the evil masterminds at Disney develop a virus to shut the world down until everyone purchases a subscription. Disney+ subscriptions will also be slipped into any proposals to provide aid during the pandemic.
Final scene is a bunch of zombies ravaging the streets to the distorted sounds of the Hot Dog Dance from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse being pumped over all media outlets and exterior speaker systems.

If you have a problem… if no one else can help… and if you can find them… maybe you can hire…

It’s like a horrificly twisted Kingdom Hearts!

Did anyone see the FBI arrested a Harvard professor for working with the Chinese in Wuhan Province. I’m not general a conspiracy theorist hack but it does qualify for: “things that make you go ummmmm”.

One thing 22 years in Navy taught me is that the government is too stupid to create a conspiracy, but exactly stupid enough to make a bad situation worse by good people afraid to make the wrong decision, scared people afraid to make any decision at all, and greedy people who have been waiting for a chance to make self-serving decisions.

So, this isn’t the start of a campaign in my frame of reference… it’s the kind of reality I play campaigns to forget. Heh.

Alternate answer: this is all just a reskinning of the end of Cthulhu Campaigns: Ancient Rome and the beginning of Cthulhu Dark Ages.

I got the same message with 8 years in the Army. I went over to Iraq in 2001 and then again in 2005. There were times when I and my team were given direct orders to not save lives because of a mixture of those three mindsets. It haunts you.

Possible answers.

Clearly Antifa is trying to kill off all the elderly republicans so the left can retake the white house this election and in the meantime also conditioning us all to be used to curfews and eventually martial law… :exploding_head: