Build a buddy

npc

Hola gang… having some fun drawing today and came up with an idea that might be fun. I present a character, you all name them, write a back story, list their skills, whatever floats your boat. In the end… we all end up with some npc’s to perhaps use in a game one day. Feel free to use. Here is todays npc to build.

Fun idea! I’m making him as I would stat one of my “wildcard” NPCs. Most likely a personal nemesis of a high octane PC.

Sören Trennt “the Penitent”
+3 Brawny Sellsword, Soured on Life
+3 Persecuting the target(s) of misplaced grudge
1 Action/turn:
Bound NEAR and Pummel, d6
Silent Swordplay, d6+2
:heart:@ :heart:&
@ - After first :heart: empty, ignore remaining damage and interrupt w/a +3 Mighty 2-Handed Hew, d8, double the result.
& - At end of second :heart: - Spiteful Resolve - can only be killed by reducing exactly to 0, or a single damage source that takes him to -20. (Will still fall unconscious…)

Ser James Hyneman

TWO HEARTS
+3 INT and WIS

Rolls easy when swimming, solving mechanical problems, building, or setting off fireworks.

@Alex i see what you did there :wink:

Here’s mine:
Ulrich Skinner
+2 Str, +1 Con, +2 Weapon Effort. +1 Armor
Ulrich is a sour man, he even looks like he is always sucking on a lemon. always seems like he has an attitude with all but his best of friends. but if you can make it into his good graces he is a hearty and steadfast ally, even if hes a bit stubborn and stuck in his ways. he usually has a serious demeanor and no one has ever heard him laugh… or at least no one has lived to tell about it. he hangs around in pubs looking brooding, and waiting for wandering adventurers who need a body guard. he sure aint cheap, but he is effective. to date, all those who have hired him have returned in one piece, though some look as if theyd seen a ghost, likely at the hands of seeing Ulrich give his patron their moneys worth in the defense department.

Leos Redtree

WIS, INT +2
DEX -2

The queen’s riding instructor has an uncanny ability with horses. He walks with a severe limp, earned in the Silver and Gold Campaign. His sword, now dull and nearly useless, is his only other reminder of that horrible tragedy. Usually a man of few words, his voice is soft and melodious. When he talks about horses, his eyes practically gleam.

Leos has the queen’s trust, and doesn’t plan on losing it (or her).

Claude “Ungar” Iron-Toe:
+3 Str, +2 Con, +1 Ultimate
“Ungar” was not born in a tribe of barbarians, or raised by wolves. He was the imaginative son of a cobbler. Learning the shoe making trade when he was but a child Claude realized his gigantic muscles and stubby fingers were not meant for sewing up shoes. When his family’s shop went under his family were forced to live off the land to survive. This is when Claude took on the pseudonym Ungar. He realized that upon returning to town to sell his hunted pelts, meat, or whatever he could forage, folks seemed put off by his oddly normal name. The name came to him one day, so he made up a backstory about being raised in the woods, and realized the showmanship allowed him to sell his wares at higher prices. Miraculously the goods started to sell more quickly as well. In his spare time Ungar can be found in the local tavern, spinning a yarn about his imagined childhood survival, and peddling his wares. generally a creative man, this life suits him and he has fun coming up with a new story for every town or traveler he happens to stumble upon.

Tulos Baldhead

• +2 Stout Lumberjack, Laughs Too Loud
  • +2 Can’t Abide Wizards (ever since that damnable white wizard with the black blade killed his brother…)
  • Always gets EASY check to ignore HP loss from Spells in combat (other spell effects work fine)

1Action/turn, 1 @/encounter.

• Choppin’ and Loppin’, d6
  • Low Blow, 2 HP damage to leg—1/2 Moves till healed.
  • @ In combat, first time even suspects a spell was cast by anyone>>>rushes CLOSE to caster, Vicious Overhead Axe to the Head, d6 —on a 5+ PC chooses EITHER Destroy a Loot item worn on head neck or shoulders OR permanently lose 1 point of base CHA (scar) OR WIS (Trauma) OR INT (brain damage).
    :heart: :heart: