[DONE] Brand new player, looking for one shot, and help [DONE]

This would be my first ICRPG game. I’ve played one tabletop RPG around 20 years ago, so I’m basically brand new to tabletop RPG games.

I’m looking for someone to take me under their wing a little bit. I’d likely need someone to walk me through character creation beforehand, and get me set up with whatever platform you use to facilitate the game. I’ve used discord before for other gaming purposes, but not Roll20, or anything else.

It would be nice to play one of the adventures included in the game if anyone’s running something like that. On a night or weekend. I’m Pacific time.

I appreciate the help.

Look into this thread New recruit to the Shield Wall looking for a game

It has some of the best most experienced people in ICRPG involved!!!

Edit: oh! And welcome!!! We are fiercely the best creative role playing community on the internet…best being subjective but this is truly a good group.

welcome, I joined yesterday and gotta say this group of people are so welcoming, helpful, and passionate about ICRPG!
A refreshing, nice change, after a decade of what became a toxic environment (ie World of Warcraft :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - left over a year ago ). Wanting to get away from playing an avatar, I decided to explore this TTRPG thing I heard about :thinking: and the idea of “actual people interaction” was very attractive :+1: After exploring most of the games out there, I finally decided on ICRPG and landed here, grabbed the Core Book and PDF and I am on my way. :star_struck:

BTW - I just discovered “Agenda” (under the hamburger menu) and it lists games looking for peeps etc - check it out, I know I will be keeping my eye on that going forward…

~cheers

You have come to the best place for good people and great creativity. One day I hope to hype myself up enough to be able to play online with people. I just find social things difficult. But when I do, it will be with people from here.

@BlueWolf,
Welcome, I recently joined the community myself and am the “new recruit” in the post that Paxx linked. I am new to ICRPG (less than a week) and have found the community one of the most welcoming and supportive I’ve ever joined. So, I’d say jump in. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Within a day of the new recruit post, we’ve formed a game/group with our first session this evening at 6pm EST. The plan is to do a series of one-shots/short run adventures across genres, starting to start with Bearcats (think sci-fi Red Dawn). That will likely be a few session game. If you are available and interested, I can put you in touch with the GM.

Also @Sweenie_McGuffin also offered to run a one shot this evening at 8pm EST for up to four players. If you would like to get your feet in a one shot that is another option.

In any case, welcome from a fellow new recruit to the shield wall and I hope you enjoy ICRPG.

Regards,
Rudedd

Welcome to the shield wall @BlueWolf! It sounds like maybe these cool cats have you sorted, but if not not, shoot me a message. It would be a honor to run games for new folks or walk anyone through the basics.

Thank for the warm welcome.
@Sweenie_McGuffin reached out to me, and we’re trying to coordinate a game tonight.

Got my game and help. Was fun, and I want to do it again now.