BLOOD ORANGE AFTER ACTION - NO SPOILERS

YA’LL.

@Shadymutha has a hit on his hands with the Black Light rules he’s been working on. But not only that, dude is a freakin’ SOLID GM.

He created and allowed us as PCs to create a truly gut-churning story-mass of existential dread and anxiety.

@Alex brother, that was some TOUGH RPing… and the dice would not let the moment go for what seemed like FOREVER.

@Paxx brought the realism with heart in how Sheila was played.

@Jason stayed homespun with his doctor and rocked that pork pie hat.

It was truly a blast playing with you all. And the sanity and panic mechanics for me felt perfect for this kind of horror.

If you ever get the chance to have @Shadymutha run some modern horror…especially Blood Orange–DO IT WITH A QUICKNESS. He’s got GM and Horror CHOPS for MILES. I promise you, it will be the best time you ever had slowly losing touch with your own humanity.

And that’s a promise you can depend on.

One word of advice, without too much of a spoiler. Ask for a Crown Vic. The standard issue black Chevy Malibu just won’t cut it. :wink:

Lon on Horror Gaming: The First Crucial Element

“We’re gonna need a bigger trunk.”

ALSO: Whoever says ICRPG can’t do [WHATEVER GENRE THEY ARE WRONG ABOUT] clearly doesn’t know what they are talking about.

What a great game session, next time @Shadymutha puts up a game session, run do not walk to sign up.

That was the most intense collection of Rock and a Hard place decisions I’ve made in an RPG! There where no good choices, just ones that are less terrible than the alternative.
I’m still trying to decide if it was a good time, cause that was a gut tightening semi-traumatizing session, and you want to always try and protect your character, and there is no way to do so, it’s just too many angles!

Was it a great game session…absolutely!!! Good time???

This was a serious, harsh, and gritty setting! That was really well done!!! What a gut wrenching setting story!!!

Daaaaaaaang, y’all, that sounds amazing! @Shadymutha what’s your advice for horror GM’s who aspire to have their players say these things about them? :smile:

This line by @Lon had me cracking up so hard. It came at an important point, too. I think it was needed at that point to help the players alleviate some of the anxiety that had just skyrocketed. Hell, I needed it!

Honestly, man, I probably sound like an asshat if I say I’m not qualified after such humbling praise. But it’s true, I’m still learning and getting a grip on this GMing thing, let alone genres.

But, if I can offer anything, it’s that it’s a pluralistic relationship between Players and GM. I simply set the stage. The players gave “buy in” and accepted the nature of their situation.

And, as ol Hank says, the GM should pull no punches. Hammer them. In an action/adventure setting, you do through punishing fights and feats. In the case of Operation Blood Orange, it was done with events and access that attack Sanity. No kids gloves.

The principles are the same, one genre to another. It’s simply the tactics that change.

I’d really love it if @Lon could chime in on horror-writingb since that’s his background. Perhaps we can start a new thread where we explore genres and what makes then tick.

My second favorite quote of the night:

“They look taut.”

Are we going to see a play report of this?

This game session sounds sweetdiculous and I want to know more.

Maybe at some point. There are still players that want to play in this game, so there will be no write-up until everyone has gone through. If we provided a write-up now, there would be serious spoilers. That’s why this write up is (intentionally) vague.

My advice: sign up to play and experience it yourself.

I’m sooo in if it fits my time zone somewhat reasonably :metal:

No write-ups right now as that would spoil the game. That being said, I’ll run this same scenario a couple more times, then will release it for others to run… and disturb their players with.

@Shadymutha By your command.

Sounds like Mark’s got serious DM chops. Not only did he create a whole Delta Green-IRCPG port, he ran it in a kick-ass fashion!

I can’t wait to play in one of Mark’s games.

I just published my Delta Green Handler’s Guide review, btw:

Can’t wait for the next chance!

Ah! Ok I didnt realize it was an ongoing scenario.

I hope get to play next time too.

This would be awesome as a pdf

Please keep me in mind when recruiting your next team :wink: