Best Free Tabletop Simulator? FYI Roll20 is not it

tabletop-simulator

The group I am part of is trying to find a more stable tabletop then Roll20. Please I hope this group know of some newer (I know bad English), better tabletop out there. Please help us all.

What is your problem with Roll20 exactly? What do you mean by stable? Does Roll20 crash for you?
Knowing these can help us help you.

Yes it does crash on us, It will kick random people out at times, the for reason unknown it will allow the same person in to use the voice over & the next time it will not work for them. I know people have problems, & noting is perfect. I just was options.

Roll20 can be stable if:

1. you use Discord for voice
  2. don’t use video - stick to using Roll20 for dice, maps and character sheets

I’ve not used it much, but I just tried a new VTT called Astral.

Astral

Might be worth a look, but again I’m new to it, and its pretty new as I understand it, so YMMV.

Yeah you might try Astral though, in all honesty, I am not sure if it is Free or Paid. I’m not aware of any Freebies out there that are any good though. You get what you pay for in many instances.

If you and your group are willing to pay money, Fantasy Grounds can be an option, though it can be overkill for ICRPG.

If you want to go the 3D route, you can pay once for Tabletop Simulator which is great for ICRPG.

There isn’t a better “free” vtt than roll 20. They all have issues, they all work in some weird way, they will all cause you problems somehow. As for “free” though… I don’t think you can beat roll 20.

If you wanted to pay a little I highly recommend tabletop simulator you can get it for 10 bucks on sale… You don’t need to go all 3d… You can lay flat maps on the table and it has dice…

Or pay more and get fantasy grounds… Fantasy grounds unity is on Kickstarter right now…

Tabletop simulator is by far the best in my opinion… I’ve used all three plus alot of others and it’s 10 bucks and you can play any rpg you want quicker and with less hassle than the others. I find that automation can get in the way and slow games down. Just my opinion.

Also I’ve made alot of assets for icrpg in TTS that are available including a character sheet and minis among other things…

GSRPG? Search this forum

Imo, Roll20 is the BEST free virtual tabletop. If you’re experiencing instability, I would suggest using Discord for voice (and video if you use that). Additionally, your hardware and connection will greatly affect any software or platform performance. Meaning if you have a PC from 2002, and low internet, you’re not likely to have a great time.

I hope you find something that works for you! :slight_smile: