BEARCATS - and ICRPG Gun Mechanics

In case you aren’t an Immortal-level Patron of Runehammer, you might have missed that our leader, Hank, just knocked out an awesome system-neutral campaign setting and Battle World called BEARCATS. It’s a cross between Red Dawn and an alien invasion. The setting has been delivered free to patrons and will be available soon on DriveThru RPG for everyone. Below are a few screenshots.

In addition, the Council just played the first several sessions of BEARCATS using ICRPG mechanics. To give a sense of the insanity, I am including the list of gun mechanics Hank himself has been using with us. To say the least, the setting and adventure has been amazing. If you are interested, there has never been a better time to be a patron, or you can simply wait to purchase the entire setting and VTT Kit on DriveThru. Goooooo BEARCATS!!!

RPG - No roll to attack necessary. Defender saves dex or takes ultimate. Goes in a straight line. Single shot. Discard.

Rocket Box - No roll to attack necessary. One round laser lock on. Always hits next round. Ultimate. 4 capacity.

Enemy shields do not stop explosions.

Tank Cannon - Roll dex to hit. Defender saves with dex. Takes ultimate on a made save. Double ultimate on a failed save? Should be more!

50 Cal - roll dex to hit. Roll 1d8 rounds hit. Weapon damage per round that hits.

Spider jockeys - do straight up dex attack vs player armor; do conventional weapon damage.

Juggers - see notes for pulse canon below. Energy shield absorbs 2d6 projectiles. Does not work on explosives.

Sword - does ultimate damage.

Grenade- roll a D2. On a 1, it detonates the next round, on a 2, detonation in two rounds. Frag did D12 dmg. Concussion is unknown.

Pistol - dex to attack. Weapon effort. If round is blocked or countered, pushback still applies to target.

Shotgun - not used yet

Mac 17 SMG - roll dex to attack; roll 1d20 for rounds sprayed. Those are damage. A 20 explodes.

Sniper - not used yet

Mag22 Assault Rifle - Roll dex to hit. Roll 1d4. Roll weapon effort that many times.

Pulse Cannon - Roll dex to hit. Does D8 magic effort. Target rolls con or is affected by EMP (down) D4 rounds. Also affects all close machines, friend or enemy. For handheld or inanimate items-roll a straight d20. On five or less, the item stops working. Cannot be upgraded by the energy core.

Its a pretty awesome and looks great on the tabletop as well. Full colour Runehammer. This is what I have assembled.

That map is outstanding!!!

I just downloaded this. Looking forward to really digging in to it.

Woot, looking awesome!

Which program did use to be able to print your map on several sheet ?

I printed the image to PDF then printed it out on a Color Laser printer at 2400 dpi in Adobe Reader as poster at 60% to get 35 inch x 41 inch, then cut off the edges and laminated.

Love the pdf, such a great resource that opened new doors. I’m about to start up a ghost mt. campaign here in about a month and am looking forward to porting the gun mechanics. Replacing the sci fi with supernatural elements.

@Alex The Jugger’s shield says 2d6 projectiles absorbed. As in 2d6 attacks? Damage? did the shield recharge? Just curious how you guys ran it in your play through.

The jugger rolled 2d6 and absorbed that much damage. In the fiction, the shield swirled around the jugger and absorbed that many bullets. I imagined it like the pinpoint barrier system from Robotech. Sorry for not being more clear; those are my rough notes from play.

Very cool, thanks for sharing Alex.

Making a randomized table of gun brands that give bonuses like +ammo +damage +AoE etc and been toying with multiple shield designs reskinned as souls.

Wow! Looks awesome. :astonished::grin::sunglasses:

I dont confused icrpg or not this?

Here’s the link for Drivethru:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/287131

Bearcats is system neutral, but it is easily run using ICRPG mechanics. That is how our group is running it.