Bastard Sword by scot

This is a question for people that have the book. Someone told me that Bastard Sword rulebook and Bastard Sword Player Handbook do not have exactly same rules ? ( for example he told me than in one you buy points, while in other you roll for stats )

Is this true. And why ?

@DSMyers

Based on the preview, this does not appear to be true: both have you distribute 4 points between stats (page 8).

Preview… for some reason does not work for me ( for Rulebook, it does for phb ) ( I am getting " Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server. )

Is there another way to download that preview ?

Question… What happened to all the Bastard Sword ICRPG adventures? they all seem to have been removed. Is there some where they are still available?

Both books should be the same rules wise but it’s been a minute since I’ve looked at them… the players handbook is just a trimmed down version of the full book (doesn’t contain the monsters and treasures section of the full book).

Sorry new account and missed this until today, I’ve been working on new games etc. which Hank was cool enough to make a character sheet for the new one…
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/352951/Olde-Swords-Reign-Character-Sheet

Both books are 4 point buys (and you get a +1 for archetype and another +1 for bio form, for a 6 total).

My guess is the confusion comes from BS being based on the earlier AC&C (which is no longer available) and that did have roll for stats.

Was interested in Bastard Sword but can’t find it anywhere. Anyone know what’s up?

I’m late to the party. I’m rolling a d20 to cast Threadcromancy. Anyone know what happened to Bastard Sword? Nothing seems to be available online anymore. Books/PDFs are no longer listed, Google Drive documents are down, Dropbox links are dead. There seemed to be a lot of buzz in the past, and a decent amount of material.

All the best.

The author made his own system: “Target 12”, and the accompanying book “Eyes beyond torchlight”

It is very much inspired and evolved version of ICRPG+Bastard Sword, but also with lot of inspiration from some other systems like Black Hack…etc.

Very good book, and dare to say totally compatible with ICRPG, for clever GM.

Sadly I think that was reason he also pulled Bastard Sword ( since its basically same book but different rules )

Anyway. Shame for BS, but highly recommend this new thing.