Armor class

question

Help me please. What is the armor class for battle suits? How does it work? I get chunks but happens when people shoot at them?
And can you add more chunks to a suit than the 4 already there?

Looking at developing vehicle rules/sheets similar to PowerSuits

interessting question. For NPC i would say its the target as always but for players i don‘t really know.
I haven‘t use it but i will. So… Up with this discussion​:grin::point_up_2:t2:

A battle suit has armor like any character, if player-controlled.
A CHUNK can be used as an armor boosting unit (shield, plating, etc)

As for the 4 CHUNK rule, there is no limit, BUT consider the logistical load in adding CHUNKS. Even our starfighters only had 5. Too many more and it becomes cumbersome.

Do you have the battle suit character sheet? That’s a handy tool to dig into these.

Titanfall in ICRPG
Mecha Sheet?

The way I read it, it’s the PCs ARMOR + CHUNK bonuses if they exist. I imagine that some Mechs have way less armor than others. What I would do as a GM is make Mechs HARD to hit to make up for ARMOR.

The other point to consider is CHUNKS already add an ablative ARMOR component, as they need to be hacked through before the occupant takes damage.

Unless a CHUNK explicitly adds an ARMOR bonus as LOOT, I would leave it alone, consider the padding as what a shot has to get through to hit the occupant’s already armored person.

Keep it simple. CHUNKS are awesome because of how easy they make vehicle combat.

My interpretation is that the AC is the AC of the wearer of the suit. So the PC’s AC for a PC and the room target for an NPC. When you shoot at a suit it hits a chunk randomly (roll dice) or a specific chunk if targeted (maybe a HARD roll). Each chunk is 5 HP and when that chunk maxes its HP it fails and any function or bonus it provided now no longer works.

I assume you could add more chucks as you see fit based on the story or whatever works at your table. Just my $0.02.

I love that sheet! Added to the collection😁

Thanks so much! I love the sheet!

Thanks so much for the help everyone. Had a blast running Planet killer yesterday for friends , but we did not know what amour class to use. They want to continue and see what happens so we will play again.

Now, when we got Blood and Snow in our hands, i think that battle suits could work well with new armor rules presented there.

This is awesome - where’d this sheet come from / where can i grab it?

this version is print resolution. I made it back when we did the IMMORTALS ‘Fall of Arnor’ one shot

Not sure how I missed it! I’ll try to track it down - is it on Patreon?

that game was for us to enjoy, not a transmission.
I’m a real believer that streaming changes things… just playing to play is always best :slight_smile:

ask aaround about ‘fall of arnor’ and ‘death on krell’ EPIC space adventures

Got it. Inspiring stuff, all the same! I’ll keep an eye out.

whoa this is really cool!!! I can’t wait to encorporate this into a one shot! Thanks.:+1: