Anyone Journal... Show us what your working on

inspiration

Wondering if anyone has any cool concepts they have just been throwing around. either in a journal or anything else. Im currently working on npc’s that have a little depth and conflict to them. apologies if you cant read my handwriting very well.! Anyway post what you are working on. [

Nice stuff!

I haven’t been using paper for a while, so I write most of my GM-Jurnal-Notes-stuff in Notion. As for making interesting NPCs, I’ve been using the Dungeon World method, combining an instinct (what the NPC wants) and a knack (how the NPC can get what they want). It is super light, fast and easy to work with and remember during gameplay.

My advice while working on NPCs can be condensed into 3 bullets:

• Don’t go too deep into their background/story, you want to give room for stuff that appears naturaly during gameplay.
  • Give them some kind of relationship with other NPCs/factions/settlements, this will make your world feel alive super easily.
  • Don’t forget to give them secrets too! This works awesome with players who like to engage with the world, as they’ll feel rewarded for digging deep and establishing relationships/conflicts with the NPCs that reveal these secrets.

cheers!

Like that a lot! Thanks for the tips. and very cool art.

Oh, the art is from Knights of Vasteel. They have some AWESOME stuff and some reaaally cool apps!

Cool journal, and bonus points for being bold and drawing in ink!

Thanks! I love doing idea generation on paper. Just helps out the creative process and then ill often type it out if I want to use it for a game. plus I’m a little limited in my digital skills so it is still my preferred method for making sketches.

Thanks for sharing. I will check them out. Love providing images to the players for npc’s and locations as I think it really helps create a shared image of a world.