Ancient Crypts & Creatures, an ICRPG Add-On

Thanks man! I’m gonna update it again tomorrow.

I’m working on a set of 4 Char Sheets, one for each class. Think they will be done about the same time I get this Dungeons book completed. I’ll post them up when I get ‘em done.

Here’s one of ‘em. Still have to do the other 3. It’s based on Axebanes original sheet.

I love this!!! Its so straight forward and has such an old school feel. I just went through the character creation and got a gnome wizard set up. Everything fits on an index card including the HP tracker. The monster list is huge. I love how the effort dice get switched around depending on class. That really adds to the class features. I’m excited to try this out. Thanks for sharing it with us.

a…clericter sheet.

I’m sorry. I’ll go now.

Updated this morning with what should be the final version unless someone catches something. After thorough play testing by my group Wizard COST is now variable, it adds a bit of Holy Shit to casting magic.

Character sheets should be up today, I’ll post a link when they are available.

Character sheets now available, one for each class and a 2nd page for links etc.

@DSMyers there is an error on the Rogue sheet
Basic effort twice

Thank you! It’s now changed and updated.

This is amazing and I love it! I just started reading through but I can also see it has tons of great ideas.

A typo I just noticed: Under Elf on page 8, it says “Stats, Armour, 7 efforts”. I am guessing that 7 should be an “&”.

I will let you know any more I might see.

Found another one: should be +1 to any STAT

Got 'em, version 1.5 is up.

Thank you guys for making this better!

I wanna play this sooo bad. Maybe I’ll run a Roll20 session or something :smiley:

Thanks for making this available! Very cool, extra kudos for all the monster stats!

When I was editing the monsters I was listening to Hank’s last podcast and he answered a mailbag question about an ICRPG monster manual. I tackled most of the old school ones for sure.

Updated again, now includes a small dungeon crawl adventure.

Yeah you did. Your list is huge!

Been working on one to share too. I figured a few people are so I’ve been putting together a group of unconventional monsters.

The more I read it the more I like it. One of my favourite OSR style games is Beyond the Wall. It only uses three classes, Warrior, Rogue and Mage but builds characters with playbooks that are mostly Multiclass Characters, like Warrior /Rogue etc and takes features of each one. Have you any advise how I could achieve multiclassing with this ?

Man, this is amazing! This is just what I’ve been looking for, an old school/new school hybrid framework I can really build on. Well done!

I’m also a fan of Beyond the Wall.

Multi-classing would be difficult in this because of the Effort die system. You could possibly have a main class and then instead of taking that classes TAGS at character creation take them from the secondary class. You’d have to rework the XP table also for what is essentially a new custom class (maybe full xp from the main class+ half of xp for the secondary).

But the easiest way to make a custom character is at 2nd Level just give the character a milestone TAG that has something from the other class.

My only concern with it would be giving any other class one of the Spellcaster TAGS. That’s going to be a recipe for having one character in the party being OP.