Altered State

Gang, the Altered State QuickStart rules and VTT asset package dropped on Patreon for patrons today. If you’d like to get your hands on the QuickStart rules, please consider supporting the Runehammer Patreon. Just $1 gets you all of the amazing assets and content — not just Altered State. That being said, the final ruleset and Hank’s choose-your-own adventure book, Retune, which is set in the Altered State universe, both drop early next year!

Thanks @Alex and @Runehammer, and any other contributors for putting this together so quickly! Super excited to dive in and preview the journey your brilliant minds are leading us on!

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! [Plays his electronic banjo]

Dude this is just great. Can’t wait for the full release.

Just had a good read through. Delicious.

Question: The weapon systems deal more damage here than other settings. What stats would you recommend for different levels of enemies?

We’re still in playtesting, but against 3 brand new characters, the majority of enemies do a dice category less and have no bonuses to hit. I’m throwing three to five enemies at a time against my group of 3. Hopefully that gives you a sense for adjusting the difficulty tuners. Of course, that is against starting characters with no loot or milestones beyond their starting gear.

Also, the enemies have between one to two hearts, with bosses having three right now.

The feel has been very cinematic, with these characters playing like badasses. I still had no trouble wearing them down, and I haven’t taken the target above 12.

May I join you on my keytar?!? haha

Have a swig o this homebrew soy-shine and join up!