Alfheim Basic Loot: Knife Belt (Quick Start 2)

loot
rules
inventory

Doing a brand new game with players who’ve never played ICRPG before. They’re digging the simple system so far when I pitched it and during chargen.

One of the players is on the idea od a Dwarven Shadow. Cool.

“Does the knife belt add to my equipped or carried slots?”
“Uhhhhh…”

I can totally see the argument for it, because pockets and pockets only for knives. But if he wanted equipped pockets, he should have taken the Cloak that a Shadow has the option to pick up.

Has this question come up for anyone else, and how did you rule it? Does anyone know if Hankerin has commented on it, either? Looking for “rules as intended” and/or straight up dev notes if you’ve got them.

Just say yes. It flows with the DIY mindset. Give the knife belt the same properties/game effect as the cloak does for pockets. Doesn’t break the rules as intended, the player has a cool customization and everybody is happy.

You will find a lot of this sort of thing in ICRPG I know it can feel weird coming from other more concrete systems, but it’s not important and in a diy system like icrpg you will be making lots of gm calls anyway.

As for the knife you can store a small knife almost anywhere, just ask the player where he stores it if it isn’t one of his normal inventory slots. In his boot is a good idea. :wink: