Action Types : Conditional Action

hack

Two%20actions%20economy%20(1)
(Working with the Two Action Economy Alternative Rule) -> The two actions economy

Action types :

Basic Actions :

• Move - Simple - Check - Attempt

Conditional Actions :

• Raise Shield :shield: - Action Type : Simple - Add the shield bonus to your DEFENSE - Condition : Having a shield.
    RULE : The DEFENSE bonus of a shield is never add to the DEFENSE. You have to do a Raise Your Shield action to gain its bonus to your DEFENSE.

• Sneak - Action Type : Check - If you were SPOTTED, you are now HIDDEN. If you were HIDDEN, you are now VANISHED - Condition : First, Hide behind something.

Special Actions :
Experimental

• Focus Action : Roll Wis, on a success : Your next action is EASY.

Stealth rule

If you succeed a DEX check to hide, the monsters know where you are but can’t see you anymore.

The three stealth states:

• Spotted : They see you.
  • Hidden : They know you are there but can’t see you.
  • Undetected : You’ve fled or at least this is what they think. They are stil on their guard though.
    ** Calm : Takes time but, they stopped thinking about you.

And here’s this, working with your “Two Actions Economy”, inspired by TinyD6 and Pathfinder again:

Additional Attribute Modifier called Proficiency and Focus Action

The Proficiency Attribute works like the Proficiency Modifier in D&D 5E or even Pathfinder: you add it to things your character is skilled at. Or, you can take a Focus Action to add your Proficiency Modifier to a specific Action. Your character holds Focus until used or lost. You can only hold a single Focus at a time.

Potential problem:

• Lack of points to set at character creation, which I find was already a problem. You might want to increase the amount a bit!

Those rules are to be tested yet but i’ve played yesterday with The Two Actions Economy rule and an action to protecte yourself was needed. So i added the Raise shield action from pathfinder 2.
The Sneak Action is also from Pathfinder 2.

I like the Focus action. I don’t know how to manage the concept of proficiency in ICrpg though, there are already so many ways to get bonuses that i tend to not add others in my hacks. That might be to much, i don’t know. It needs to be tested.
Maybe be the Focus Action won’t be useful that much, i don’t know.

Other version:
Focus Action : Roll Wis, on a success : Your next action is EASY.

Yeah, the Focus Action works really well in TinyD6, I love how it immediately adds some personality to the characters in combat without changing much:

• A paladin takes the Focus Action to charge his hammer with Smite then runs at you, yelling: you’ve suddenly telegraphed an action!
  • A cornered Goblin won’t take the time to take the Focus action: he’ll slash left and right in panic!
  • A thief might Hold the Action to throw his knife at the enemy wizard while stabbing a grunt in front of him.

It’s so cool!

The issue with your version, and why I’ve had so much difficulty transfering this Action to D20, is because I remember someone complaining about the 5E spell True Strike which only gave you Advantage on your next turn’s attack roll… which you could get anyway by simply coordinating well with your adventuring colleagues. In ICRPG’s case, your second action after failing is EASY, so aren’t I wasting time rolling WIS when I can just try twice? So we have to give the Focus Action a good, general use otherwise people won’t find it worth it to play with.

What do you think?

I don’t know enough ICrpg to know if a focus action would be interresting or not. ^^’
It might be useless.

Conditional Actions

I like the thinking here… at my table I would make these Class Milestones and let the players choose. RAISE SHEILD to a Fighter type, SNEAK to the Rogues, and FOCUS to a mage or cleric maybe.

Focus

Honestly the FOCUS action could be rebranded into almost any class ability, as its just a mechanical bonus. But there is already a rule in ICRPG saying when you roll any attempt for a second time in a row, its an EASY attempt…check the rulebook.

Proficiency

In my own opinion, I don’t think you need proficiency. More math just slows the game down. (i know its been said and argued infinitum on the forums in the past)… but its true. While skills can be milestone abilities, adding a proficiency is as simple as making all skills for that class EASY… just my 2 cents…

True Strike

It does not exist in ICRPG, unless you want it to. Its a good warning from @BlazingPolyhedron. GM’s will need to be wary of stacking bonuses like that. Caveat Emptor

P.S. your 2 action economy rule has been used (and discussed in length) for years in ICRPG.

Game On!

Oh, you :heart: , I’m not warning anyone, I just watched a lot of Youtube! :blush:

Raise Shield and Sneak are really to be use in combination with the Two Action Economy Rule.
Without two actions in a turn, i don’t see the point. They are just abilities then, so i agree in that case.