A long rest in the Everlight Grove

playthrough
craft
inspiration

In my 5e/icrpg hacked game it had been a while since my players got a long rest, so I wanted to reward them with a room that was purely about gaining information and boons before they descended into the darkness again.

Below is the Everlight grove, a safe place where myconids dwell in a deep dark forest. I gave each of my players three turns in the grove to represent their stay there. Here are the things that they interacted with:

-The ancient statue of a folk hero that inspired whomever read the story at its base, making all their rolls to stabilize an ally easy.
-The pond is full of treasures which the players either found in fish, or dived for at the bottom. They would roll 1d20x10 for it’s worth and I would describe the item on the spot.
-White Stone Slab(a plasteel case of alien goods). I filled it with a few strange objects that should be fun to see how they try and use.
-If they slept under the Everlight Mushroom during their stay they gained 1 permanent stat point from it’s magical power.
-Speak with either of the Myconids there for more information.

Wowser, that is a gorgeous setup you have there. Great job!

Really great setup! Love it.

Thanks guys! :v: I love to craft.

That is a great looking setup and a great idea in general. Gonna have to figure out how to work that into my home campaign now!

Nice work… love the perks you gave your players also… def inspiring!

those bushes are awesome. what kind of moss do you use? i’ve been experimenting with some fake moss stuff and some kinda moist feeling (real?) moss to varying success, but those bushes look extremely full. i’m a bit limited in the stuff i have access to cuz i live in China most of the year

Thanks! I’m not sure of the name but I use a moss that I get from a local hobby lobby. I end up using a lot of it to get the dense look and feel by layering it. The perfect moss to me is like a bouncy sponge. When it’s too (wet?/alive) it tends to fall apart way too easily.

WAAAAAAAHHHHH(Picks Jaw Up From Floor)