3 Tentacle Dudes search

inspiration

Hi all,
I had a short email exchange with Hankrin and he said you might know the answer to my question.
I was looking for a specific YouTube video, Hankrin made, about these 3 tentacle dudes that get shipwrecked and go on an adventure. That was part of Hankrin explaining something about adventure creation or some such. I can not find the video again and I was hoping you might help me find it - I was going to watch it again to get some inspiration.

Thank you in advance
Gemmenzwerg

I cannot answer the video question, but I can supply some bit of oddity.

I wrote this little program a while ago when I was tinkering with pulp fiction writing. Here is the output:

programs $ ./generate_plot.py

Loading data files …
25 items read from villian_is_seeking.txt
32 items read from murder_method.txt
24 items read from location.txt
16 items read from modifier_location.txt
15 items read from threat_to_hero.txt
20 items read from character_type.txt
20 items read from villian_type.txt

ACT I

The villian is a police officer.

The victim is a store clerk whom was murdered by drowning near an apartment.
The threat to the hero is losing an item.

ACT II

The villian was trying to stop a teacher.

ACT III

In reality, what the villian is seeking is really an ancient portal.

ACT IV

Red herring: The victim is a distraction.

ACT V

Solved : the problem of ‘the murder method’,
Revealed :
The villian was trying to hide a piece of knowledge.

ACT VI

Twist and Emergency

ACT VII

Climax

ACT VIII

Closure

It’s a little Python script. If you modify the helper files, you can make something more to your liking. If you would like the sources, let me know. I’ll post them for you.

“Doodlin”
:shield: :beer: :game_die:
Edit: I’m a runehammer addict

@orkcol
Yes… Yes… YES, that’s the one.
Thank you!
Cheers
Gemmenzwerg

Hi BambooHare,
great work. I have seen something similar on a website - not detracting from your work. I have no idea how to use python script or what I would need to install to be able to use python script.
I am not sure about this.
Cheers
Gemmenzwerg

Hi @Gemmenzwerg,

It’s not terribly difficult. I can write something up for you so that you can understand the script easily. This version just reads a normal text file (not a MS Word file, a Notepad file), then randomly grabs one of those entries. It does this for every item. The advantage that this has is that you can change things around to fit your world.

Programming is not everyone’s cup of tea, so I completely understand. This offer extends to anyone here at the Shield Wall. If anyone is interested in this script and how it works, hit me up. I’ll be more than happy to explain it.

All the best!